The Dairy Market Analyst consulting division provides strategic analysis and advice to clients in the dairy industry.
*Previous engagements have included:
- Analysis and presentation of reforms of the California Quota Implementation Plan (Quota) for milk producers in California.
- Design of procurement strategy & purchasing models leveraging proprietary data for a leading co-manufacturer.
- Econometric modeling and dairy product price forecasting for a multi-national dairy processor.
- E-commerce execution for a specialty dairy brand.
- Analysis and recommendations of acquisitions for leading company in the dairy space.
* Clients and complete project list are confidential.
What makes us different?
The research process:
- We focus on dairy and are experts in the complexities unique to this industry, including state and federal regulations, a convoluted pricing system, a diffuse supply chain, perishable products, and a continuous supply.
- We find and source information from our extensive network of industry contacts to complement information that is available in the public domain.
- We embrace continuous improvement and are always in search of novel insight.
We drive long-term results and will support your business for decades to come:
- We are committed to being part of the dairy community and advancing the industry that we love for decades to come.
- We believe in relationships over transactions. We focus on learning about your current business model and improving its long-term trajectory
Principal & President
Matt Gould grew up on a third-generation dairy farm in Western New York. As a dairy industry insider, he’s experienced the frustration caused by structural changes in the industry where once-reliable rules of thumb suddenly no longer apply. He’s seen firsthand the vulnerability caused by having too little (or too old) information and out-of-date approaches to the marketplace. Matt has worked with leading dairy companies on acquisition evaluation, strategy, e-commerce execution, risk management, and policy projects. National media has featured Matt as an expert source, including Bloomberg, The New York Times, and The Wall Street Journal. He holds a B.S. in economics from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School.